I think it’s so important to give your life a sense of purpose and direction. I’ve had a bucket list for years and each year it continues to grow or ultimately shrink once i’ve completed something. Last year I had the pleasure of checking off 3 things on my list: travel with friends, secure my first paid job, and climb the Sydney harbour bridge.
I’d like to share with you some of the items that are yet to be checked off. Maybe you’ll be inspired to make a list of your own.
– Visit the Great Barrier Reef: I’ve always dreamt about visiting this place. I’ve seen countless pictures but cannot imagine what it would be like up close. Although I don’t live in Australia anymore I visit often so it wouldn’t be too hard for me to check this off my list.
– Learn a New Language: I’m always up for learning something new and I like to be challenged. I’m currently taking private French language lessons twice a week but as a native English speaker it is very difficult to learn. I won’t give up though as I’m looking to be fluent one day.
– Go Camping: Yes, you read correctly. I want to take a weekend off and go somewhere remote with a bunch of friends (preferably by a lake) and just enjoy each other’s company without the loud noises and stress of city life. Tent and campfire included, I want the true camping experience.
– Complete the CFA Program: Life is not all rainbows and butterflies, which is why I have set some academic and professional goals for myself. I’m currently a senior at university studying Finance. I’m hoping to enter the CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) program after graduation and pass all three level exams in which I will earn one of the highest credentials in the finance field.
– Meet Someone Famous: As cliché and impossible as this sounds, I’d really like to meet one of my idols. The only somewhat famous person I’ve met was Tania Zygar, an EDM vocalist who is most famous for her track ‘Vanilla’ with DJ Tydi. She asked a friend and I if we wanted to hang out after her show and we ended up spending the whole weekend with her. It was an experience I’ll never forget.
– Celebrate New Year’s Eve in 2 Cities: Growing up in Australia I was among the first people in the world to ring in the New Year each year. Funnily enough, last year while on vacation in Mexico I was among the last people to do so. How cool would it be if I could celebrate NYE in 2 cities? I’m not sure if it’s physically possible but I think with good planning I could somehow manage to pull it off.
– Own a Boat: Being a Pisces, it is no surprise that I love to be in or near the sea. Every time I’m on a boat I can’t help but wish I had one. I’m the type of girl who would rather take a boat out for the day than go shopping.