I’ve just learned that I was nominated for the Liebster Award about 2 months ago, such an honor! Thank you to Veronica for the nomination 🙂 I gladly accept and sorry for the late response.
So what is the Liebster Award? It’s basically a pay it forward initiative whereby one blogger nominates a bunch of other bloggers with a couple of hundred followers whom they think deserve to be recognized. To accept the award, a nominee must create a new blog post adhering to the following rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions that the nominator asked you.
- Nominate at least 5 blogs of your choice for the award and come up with a set of 11 questions for them.
- Display the Liebster Award logo in your post.
Here are Veronica’s questions for me:
1. Favorite travel themed movie and or book?
Book by Koty Neelis – Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost.
2. Absolutely must have in your carry on/suitcase?
I’d have to say my smartphone, because of all the travel based apps I’ve got on it such as a currency converter, language translator, tripadvisor and google maps. Plus it’s a great way to keep in touch with those back home.
3. Longest trip that you have taken?
The first time I returned to Australia after I’d moved away, spent 6 weeks in Sydney with family and friends and also squeezed in a trip to the Gold Coast.
4. Are you a researcher or a dive right in kind of traveler?
A little bit of both. I love to read recommendations of things to see/do before I jet off to a destination to get myself hyped up and plan a checklist. But every traveler knows that once you get to your destination not everything goes according to plan, so it’s nice to be a little spontaneous once you’re actually there.
5. What is the best hotel stay you have ever had?
Atlantis the Palm in Dubai. A truly magnificent place equipped with its own aquarium and water park.
6. Where is your favorite airport?
Sydney International Airport, because nothing beats the feeling of returning home. It’s also quite large and has superb restaurants and duty free shops compared to other airports I’ve been to.
7. If you had to pick one country – to be your only travel destination ever- what would it be?
I will never get sick of Italy. It’s the ideal travel destination full of history, culture, and beautiful scenery. There’s so much of it I still haven’t discovered and wouldn’t mind spending a lifetime doing so.
8. What inspired you to start blogging?
I’ve always loved to write and I’ve failed countless times at keeping a written diary so I thought I’d give blogging a shot.
9. 2015 bucket list item you plan to cross off?
Graduate from university & go on a grad trip to the Greek Islands with my friends.
10. What is your favorite type of cuisine?
11. If you could give words of wisdom to others, what would it be?
One of my favourite quotes:
“Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life, not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens” – Kahlil Gebran
Now I’d like to nominate:
And here are my questions for you:
- If you could spend a day with a celebrity, who would it be?
- What are some of the items on your bucket list?
- If you were to recommend a destination for someone who has never travelled, what would it be?
- What has been your favorite travel moment so far?
- What’s your favorite quote?
- What’s your favorite book?
- What 3 items would you choose to take with you to a deserted island?
- Why did you start blogging?
- If you had to choose one type of food to eat for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What has travel taught you?
- What would you do with 1 million dollars?