So Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and for those of you still looking for date ideas, I’ve got you covered. Why not take your significant other on a nice picnic? It’s a simple yet meaningful gesture that I’m sure will leave more of a mark on them than a cliché dinner at a restaurant.
Last week the weather was surprisingly warm for February so my friend & I decided to go to the beach. We packed a picnic lunch and spent the entire day lounging about in the sand, it was so relaxing. We had the entire beach to ourselves which was the best part.
So what was in our basket? For a picnic date for two at a beach, park, or lake, you’ll need:
- Picnic basket
- Blanket (or beach towels)
- Plastic plates, cups & utensils
- Wet napkins or hand gel
- Trash bag
Food & beverages:
- Homemade sandwiches (my favorite is turkey & cheese with lettuce and tomato)
- Bottle of wine of your choice
- Big bottle of water
- Snacks (pretzels, chips, nuts, chocolate etc.)
- Chopped fruits & vegetables like apples, carrots, celery, strawberries which can be stored in containers
- Wireless Bluetooth music speaker
- Homemade cake or cupcakes
P.s: Keep the location a surprise from your date. If you could find a secluded beach, park, lake, it would be even more romantic.
P.p.s: For perishable food items, be sure to bring ice packs or coolers!
Here are a couple of photos from the beach picnic the other day 🙂